Elvis Lesley (
elvislesley) wrote in
bravelydressing2023-06-03 12:20 pm
[an opening]
[there's a quiet city standing in the middle of the desert when suddenly, brilliant balls of light appear from the sky, floating down and then settling in the middle of the square before revealing... a few very confused visitors.]
Crikey... what just happened?
[one in particular starts wandering the streets, holding onto his hat and maybe looking for some answers... or the nearest tavern.]
Crikey... what just happened?
[one in particular starts wandering the streets, holding onto his hat and maybe looking for some answers... or the nearest tavern.]

[a young sailor]
Elvis!
[the black-haired youth approaches him]
Are you alright? What happened?
no subject
No idea, laddie. One moment I was there, minding my own business, the next I'm here in this place! What about you?
no subject
I'm fine, though I'm not exactly sure what happened either.
[He groans, deep in thought. Is this even the same Elvis he was travelling with? Only one way to find out.]
What was the last thing you were doing?
no subject
You said something about the old lady we saw in the book's vision? [He has to think back on it, combing his beard with a hand.] After we erased its memories. The Night's Nexus's memories.
no subject
This is bad. I don't think you're the Elvis I know. You haven't destroyed the Nexus yet?
no subject
Not yet, but we will. You can be sure of that.
[As soon as they find that old lady that Seth knows. Probably.]
I wonder what's happening...
[As a force of habit he opens up the book to look through it, as though it might help.]
no subject
Inanna...
no subject
Eh? What's that, laddie?
no subject
Oh, it's nothing.
no subject
Who's this Inanna lass?
no subject
She's the Night's Nexus. Or was. I'm not exactly sure what's going on right now, with it still being alive on your end.
no subject
[Seth had implied that the Elvis he knew had already defeated the Night's Nexus, so Elvis is simply assuming this is all revealed after what he remembers. He'd known the Night's Nexus was a human before she became... whatever she became... but having a name is something new.]
no subject
Yeah. It's something we found out later.
[It's true, technically. He only remembered during their final battle.]
Did you find anything yet?
no subject
Find anything? Ach, I can't find the tavern at all!
no subject
Let me help you find it then. I could also use a drink.
no subject
Aye, you're a real one, laddie.